The study of a written or oral discourse in a systematic and well-disciplined manner is known as critique. Critique is also a name of finding faults in a written or oral discourse. Philosophy is known as a practical example of critique. If we talk about critique in the composition, we come to know that it is also called a response paper. One can easily commence the critique writing task with the help of the summary of the topic but this summary of the topic also includes the analysis of the reviewer. Some do’s and don’ts of writing a critique is given below by coursework writing services UK;
Do’s of writing a critique
Do’s of critique writing are those things that are necessary to create a monument of a critique. Some essential do’s of writing a critique are given below;
- With the help of a critique, you should try to offer honest feedback. Its reason is that with the help of a critique, we are going to provide some suggestions to the writer about the improvement of his writing. If we write straightforwardly that your writing is not working, a writer will never accept your point of view. Therefore, you will have to provide constructive criticism and tells the writer about the best ways to grow and improve his writing.
- When you are addressing your comments directly to the writer, you should feel comfortable. Its reason is that if you don’t address your comments in a comfortable manner, the readers will find it awkward to read your critique.
- If you are going to provide some suggestions to the writer about the improvement of your work, you should be willing to offer these suggestions to the writer.
- While writing a critique, you should try to provide backup for each piece of critique. Backup means it should be proved with the help of examples and evidence.
- You should be open and true while providing these suggestions. Its reason is that after getting these suggestions, there is also a possibility that the writer will write some counterpoints.
- Sometimes, there is a possibility that you are feeling some struggles to write some essential points of your critique. Under such a situation, you should get help from your fellow writers.
- In order to provide useful and true feedback to the writer, you should try to be as specific as possible.
- You should try to take some time to write the critique. Its reason is that two or three solid points of criticism are better than a wide list of critiques.
Don’ts of writing a critique
Along with these do’s, there are also some don’ts of writing a critique. These don’ts of writing a critique are given below;
- While writing a critique of a person, there is a possibility that you have some relations with that person. There is no need to give comments on the critique on the basis of this relationship. Its reason is that this kind of personal information will not be interesting for the readers.
- There is no need to be harsh while writing a critique. To show harshness means there is no need to add negative comments in the critique. These negative comments can also divert the attention of the readers from the main theme of the critique.
- You should also avoid offensive comments while writing a critique. Its reason is that these offensive comments can also lose interest in your writing.
- There is no need to take critique seriously. Its reason is that if you take it seriously, you will have to please everyone. While pleasing everyone, your work will be disliked by everyone.
- There is no need to judge the abilities of a writer with the help of writing criticism in the form of a critique. Its reason is that in a critique, you will have to analyze your writing rather than describing the abilities of the writer.
- While writing a critique, you should also keep in mind the aim of writing a critique. Its reason is that if you don’t keep in mind this aim, you will never be able to create a monument of your paper.
Critique writing is the name of finding faults in a written or oral discourse. Some do’s of writing a critique are to show honesty while writing, to address the comments in a direct way, to provide feedback on the writing and you should be as specific as possible. Some don’ts of writing a critique are to avoid harassment, offensive and negative comments.